Principles that guide our organization
The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
The League of Women Voters of the Piedmont Triad is a nonpartisan civic membership organization that:
- Studies key community issues at all governmental levels in an unbiased manner and acts, after study and member agreement, to achieve solutions in the public interest.
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
- Engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
We believe in:
- Respect for individuals
- The value of diversity
- The empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and within communities
- Act with trust, integrity and professionalism
- Operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- Take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- Acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future